Pinwheels (Vego or Non-Vego)
Who also loves a good Pinwheel? They are such an easy, tasty snack and always the first to go at a party. When we make them, we always seem to need to double the recipe to accommodate for what gets eaten beforehand.
3-4 tablespoons of passata sauce
3 sheets of puff pastry
1 cup of vegetables (increase to 2 cups if not adding meat). Blitz or finely chopped vegetables e.g. mushrooms, capsicum, spinach, spring onion etc.
Handful of herbs e.g basil, parsley, thyme etc.
1/3 cup of grated cheese
6 rashes of cooked bacon or 1/2 cup (approx) of chopped or shredded ham (optional)
Whisked egg or milk
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
- Dust oven trays with flour.
- Spread sauce over pastry.
- Combine vegetables, herbs grated cheese (and ham/bacon if using) in a bowl and season.
- Spread the mixture evenly over the pastry sheets.
- Roll the pastry tightly.
- Use a sharp knife to cut the pastry rolls into 12 slices.
- Lay the slices (cut side up) onto the baking trays.
- Brush with the lightly whisked egg or milk.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until lightly golden and crispy.