About the earthyma family
Earthyma Products is a family business based in Adelaide, South Australia. Our passion is to produce non-toxic products while focusing on reducing our footprint. We love creating sustainable and earth-friendly products that are reusable, refillable and free from nasty chemicals. Our products are made with ethically sourced and safe ingredients for everyday use. Some of our creations include:
- Natural skincare range: multi-purpose wipes (skin or cleaning), soap bar, hand wash, lip balm, itch balm, body balm, oil-based face serum, toner spritz, face spritz, cleansing oil, face masks, deodorant spritz and paste.
- For the home: room sprays, lavender playdough, reusable produce bags and supplier of Santa Marta extra virgin olive oil.
Hello, I'm Charlotte and I began making DIY earth-friendly skincare and household products when I was on maternity leave with my second baby in 2017. Around the same time, my dad purchased a property with approximately 300 beautiful olive trees. So we also started producing olive oil and created this venture. It started with a few basic products that we sold at local markets etc. Shortly after I went back to work as a Conveyancer. For about a year and a half, I did both jobs. It wasn't long before I realised my passion had moved from conveyancing to this business venture, so I left my job. That was at the end of 2018.
Since then I have been able to focus so much more of my energy on my business, which is also my passion, after being a mum of course. I've learned a lot of what I do through workshops in Adelaide and online etc. In 2020 I have also engaged in some formal study in Natural Skincare. The information and knowledge gained, allowed me to transform my business and formulate my products to a much more professional level. I re-evaluated and improved all of my products, by formulating them with longer-lasting ingredients and to a higher standard.
I am a big fan of a lady called Alexx Stuart who runs the Low Tox Life program. In 2019 I did her 'Go Low Tox' course which was life-changing. Through her programs, I have learnt about which toxic chemicals in our households and on the body that we should avoid. In the course, I learnt that one drop of lavender oil on the skin registers within the liver in 20 mins. So, when you think about all the other stuff potentially going on our skin and registering with the liver, we would want to minimise the workload of our liver which is our toxin sorting machine. It's got a lot of other jobs to perform, so if it's spending all its time on toxins, there's a lot of other important things in our body not getting the attention they need to keep us healthy. I've made it my mission to try and do my best to eliminate all the nasty toxins in my family's products and the products I produce.
WHAT WE AIM FOR IN A BUSINESS:
- Provide products that do not have synthetic or toxic chemicals.
- Promote sustainable ideas to reduce landfill and instead give ideas for alternative recycling paths.
- Produce products that are compostable when finished with.
- Avoid and reduce single-use plastic items for a more sustainable future.
- We try and source packaging and ingredients from local South Australian suppliers where possible.
- Research all ingredients that are used in our products.
- We aim to only use ethically sourced and natural ingredients in our products, together with high-quality essential oils in our range of balms, oils and wipes etc.
- We love to refill. The majority of our products come in refillable jars etc. Therefore we encourage you to bring back the bottles, containers and jars. We have a strict cleaning and sanitising process before using refill packaging again. Of course, we offer a discount for refills. Please note that refill packaging is only offered on refill purchases.
- We are always testing our natural products on ourselves, friends and family. Constantly researching/studying/reading/testing to improve.
Thank you to my awesome Dad - who supplies the delicious Extra Virgin Santa Marta Olive Oil, which is the base of some of our products. They are locally grown at his pesticide and spray-free farm in Maslin Beach. We harvest them ourselves and press them into delicious olive oil at the local presser.
You can find us at markets around Adelaide or in the meantime we can deliver (locally), arrange to post or feel free to collect from Magill. Visit our FAQ page for more information.
If you require any further information on any products or if you have any queries/feedback, we would love to hear from you.
Contact us via email (firstname.lastname@example.org), like us on Facebook @earthymaproducts or follow us on Instagram @earthyma_char.
We hope to hear from you soon x
Due to the nature of our products, it is important to keep them in a cool, dry place and away from direct sunlight. The majority of our products should be used within 6 months.
Pregnant and breastfeeding women and those with epilepsy or other potentially serious health conditions should use caution with essential oils and check with their doctor before use.
Therapeutic Goods Administration (TGA) Disclaimer:
The statements regarding the products on this website have not been evaluated by TGA. Earthyma Products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. The information on this website or pertaining to Earthyma Products are designed for educational purposes only. It is not intended to be a substitute for informed medical advice or care. You should not use this information to diagnose or treat any health problems or illnesses without consulting your family doctor. Please consult a doctor with any questions or concerns you might have regarding your health. Informational material, ingredients, and statements have been provided by the manufacturer, Earthyma Products.