Healthy-ish choc chip (and sultana) cookies
After making these for years, they are probably the family's favourite lunch box sweet and always a must have for a party. The recipe is so easy and makes approx 40 biscuits so there is plenty to go around.
1/3 cup raw sugar
1/4 cup brown sugar
125 grams of unsalted butter (softened)
1 teaspoon of vanilla essence
2 large eggs, slightly beaten
3 cups of unbleached flour
1 1/2 teaspoons of baking powder
1-2 cups of dark chocolate bits/chunks
3 tablespoons of almond (or regular) milk
1/2 teaspoon of salt
Handful of sultanas (optional)
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
- Cream sugar and butter. Add eggs and vanilla until lightly blended.
- Combine dry ingredients and gradually add to butter mixture.
- Add milk and mix.
- Stir in choc chips (we usually purchase melts and cut into chunks) and sultanas.
- Roll into balls and slightly press with a fork.
- Cook for approx 12-15 minutes or until golden.