Healthy-ish choc chip and sultana cookies
After making these for years, they are now my go to lunch box whip up sweet snack. The recipe is so easy and makes approx 40 biscuits so there is plenty to go around and great to make for a party. .
1/4 cup raw sugar
1/4 cup brown sugar
125 grams of unsalted butter (softened)
1 teaspoon of vanilla essence
2 large eggs, slightly beaten
3 cups of unbleached flour
1 1/2 teaspoons of baking powder
1-2 cups of dark chocolate bits/chunks
3 tablespoons of almond (or regular) milk
Pinch of salt
Handful of sultanas (optional)
1 tablespoons of chia seeds (optional)
1 tablespoons of pepitas (optional)
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
- Cream sugar and butter. Add eggs and vanilla until lightly blended.
- Combine dry ingredients and gradually add to butter mixture.
- Add milk and mix.
- Stir in choc chips (we usually purchase melts and cut into chunks) and sultanas.
- Roll into balls and slightly press with a fork.
- Cook for approx 12-15 minutes or until golden.