Easy and delicious sausage rolls (vego or meat)
This is a family favourite to make on a Sunday for meal prep day and is thoroughly enjoyed as leftovers for lunches. It is so easy and you can jam pack it with veggies.
2 cloves garlic
800 grams mince meat AND/OR a vegetarian bean mix
3 tablespoons (approx) of pasta sauce
1/4 cup of stock (see our Vegetable Stock for inspiration)
1 beaten egg
Spices, salt and pepper to taste
6-8 wraps or 5 sheets of puff pasty
In food processor blend 3 (or more) cups of veggies of your choice. We used beetroot, spinach, cauliflower, mushrooms, basil and carrots for this batch. The beetroot is great to give the veggies a nice red colour and blends into the meat.
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
- Cook onion and garlic.
- Add mince and cook until brown.
- Add vegetable mix.
- Add sauce and spices of your choice (we use turmeric, paprika and garam masala).
- Add stock.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Once mixture has cooked and the moisture has evaporated, wait for it to slightly cool.
- WRAPS: Spoon mixture into middle of wraps and roll tightly. Use beaten egg along edges to help wraps stick.
- PASTRY: Cut pastry in half. Spoon mixture onto one side and roll tightly. Use beaten egg along edges to help stick.
- Sprinkle with grated cheese on top (optional)
- Cook for approx 25-30 minutes or until golden.
Sausage rolls made with pastry: